Friday, October 26, 2012

What are you doing this weekend?


Happy Friday, friends! What are your plans for the weekend?

I'm going to a wedding tomorrow night and I'm super-excited—not only to wear my beautiful Camilyn Beth dress (pictured above), which is so pretty and sparkly and well-made, but also because I just love weddings. I do. They're beautiful and fun and celebratory, and I know some people are not the biggest fans of them, but I am not one of them. Which is good, because I'm going to another one next weekend.

Anyway, aside from the wedding, I'm looking forward to a weekend that's pretty much exactly the same as last one: filled with time outside, time with friends, time in the kitchen and time spent sleeping in. After a busy, busy week, it should be a good few days off. And by the way, can you believe it's almost November? When did that happen?

If you're in the mood for some reading, here are three interesting links from around the web:

This post about pinkwashing and Etsy's involvement in it is a must-read (warning: you will cry).  It's infuriating, and I've been thinking about it since I read it. For me, it was a very, very poignant reminder that I need to be more aware of where the money I spend is going and how it's getting there. Hila and Jane wrote excellent posts about this, as well. (Pink Goose)

If nothing else, read this story about Bat for Lashes' Natasha Khan for the format. It's fantastic. (ESPN has also done some similarly awesome layouts.)  I'd love to see other magazines doing more like it. (Pitchfork)

This is an older article, but I loved re-reading it the other night, especially as a person who bakes to decompress, as much as for the process as the end result: "These days when I wake, inexplicably, between 4 and 5, which is most mornings, I read, I worry, but if that does not work, I bake. The kitchen is a changed place in the wee hours, its clicks and hummings are louder, the pots and pans make a deafening clatter when I pull them out of the cupboard. But, as before, I am relaxed, my sense of smell is sharper. As I measure and weigh, I am more patient than during waking hours. I’ve always turned to flour and butter when I can’t sleep." (The New York Times)

See you Monday. xo

Photo: My own.

No comments:

Post a Comment