Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Baked! Cheesy, cheesy crackers.



Believe it or not, I don't only make sweet treats in the kitchen. I am actually a semi-decent home cook. Soups and pastas are kind of my thing, but lately I've been getting better with meats, too (I was a total vegetarian for six years, so cooking chicken and fish is still kind of new to me). I mean, sometimes you just want something savory, you know?

That was the case with these crackers. You see, I am also a girl who loves to snack, preferably at 3 p.m. (and preferably with a fresh latte). Usually I'll eat a yogurt or a Luna Bar or something, but sometimes I'll make popcorn for the saltiness factor. And then I saw the recipe for these crackers on Joy the Baker and knew they'd make the perfect mid-afternoon snack. So I made a batch. And you guys, they are tasty.

The crackers couldn't be simpler to whip up: Butter, tons of sharp cheddar cheese and salt and pepper are mixed together, then flour is added until a dough forms. The dough is chilled then rolled out, and little round crackers are cut from it and baked for like 13 minutes. What comes out of the oven is an intensely cheesy little morsel with the perfect amount of salt and crunch. In other words, the ideal 3 p.m. snack.

Here's the recipe if you'd like to make it yourself; the photos above are Joy's, but I promise my crackers looked exactly the same (my kitchen was just way messier, and the light was bad).

P.S. This lentil and chicken sausage soup is also killer; it's one of my favorite soups ever and perfect on a cool(-ish—I live in Florida, come on) October night with a cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment