Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Argo.

Have you seen the movie Argo? I saw it the weekend before last and loved it. I have to say, I knew embarrassingly little about the Iranian hostage crisis in the late '70s and early '80s, and specifically the Argo operation, so not only was this movie gripping (seriously—it's fast-paced and jittery and suspenseful; the protest scenes at the very beginning are pretty terrifying), it was also educational. And even though I knew how it ended, I was completely engaged the entire way through. Well done, Ben Affleck (who, by the way, I find rather attractive with the beard and shaggy hair).

If you've seen Argo, what did you think of it?

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a movie my husband would enjoy, so I think I'll mention it to him. We've been going through one of our serious movie phases (I've always enjoyed them more than comedies anyway)and have been watching most of the Film Movement series lately. I always like a good movie recommendation. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, I hope you guys go see it--it was really great.

      Delete