Monday, October 22, 2012
A few favorites.
I always get a kick out of reading what beauty products other bloggers swear by (Anna at Door Sixteen puts together some particularly good round-ups), so I thought I'd share a few items I'm loving these days, too. (Please excuse the randomly numbered items in the image above, as they really are kind of, um, scattered. And please also share some of your favorite beauty products, as well—seriously, I love reading and talking about this stuff.)
1. Fekkai Brilliant Glossing shampoo and conditioner. Real talk: I generally cannot afford this stuff, but a few weeks ago I saw an offer from Saks that was too good to pass up: If you brought in a bottle of shampoo (any brand), they'd give you a free, full-size bottle of Fekkai. I was sold. (And I did end up buying the conditioner since that lasts me much, much longer.) It smells amazing and it works really well on my long, fine-but-thick hair. Two thumbs up.
2. Clarisonic brush. I've had this for a few months and I love it—my skin has never felt cleaner or smoother. It's an investment, for sure, but I use mine twice a day, so it more than works out (at least in my opinion). Plus, it's waterproof so I can cart it into the shower, which is awesome. And as far as keeping it clean, I just wash the brush with baby shampoo once a week and replace the head every three months or so.
3. Josie Maran argan oil. This stuff is a great natural moisturizer, and a little goes a long way; I put a dab on before makeup in the morning. It's also really nice for soothing chapped skin. Also: It lasts forever.
4. Bare Minerals makeup. I've written about how much I love Bare Minerals before (here and here), and I'm happy to say that I still do. It's one of the few foundations that really works with my skin and my skin tone (which is super, super, super fair).
5. Nars blush in Orgasm. There's a reason people rave about this; the color is warm and it wakes up the face without being overpowering.
6. Bare Minerals eyeshadow in Pussycat. I don't wear eyeshadow every day, but when I do this is my go-to. It's a perfect color—an olive-gold-brown mix—it's shimmery without being overpowering and it's easy to apply. Yay!
7. CoverGirl Last Blash mascara (orange tube). I've tried a lot of other mascaras, and this is hands-down my favorite. It's volumizing and lengthening and I love it; a quick swipe does the job for daytime, and you can layer as needed for a more dramatic nighttime look. I usually buy it in black, but last time I bought it I grabbed a tube of brown and that's great, too.
8. My glasses, which I just raved about here. If I want to switch up my look, this is the easiest way to do it (again, the helps-me-to-see factor is a big bonus, as well.).