Monday, October 8, 2012

Camilyn Beth.


I've said it many times before, but one of my favorite things about my job is that I get to meet talented local creatives that I might not otherwise. Such is the case with Sarasota-based clothing designer Camilyn Beth: Though I haven't officially met her in person yet, I was introduced to her line through a work project (more on that later) and immediately swooned. The photos above are of her latest collection, which she's named The Toast Master in reference to a Swedish tradition that assigns one person at every party the toast master role; the toast master is then supposed to make sure each guest at the soiree feels comfortable and welcome.

"That's my idea with this collection," Cami says. "I want you to put on one of these dresses and feel like you own the room. I want you to be confident and radiant at any special occasion. I believe every person has a toast master inside; they just need the right dress to let it come out."

I love that. And wouldn't any of these be perfect for a wedding or a holiday party?

P.S. If you don't believe that Josephine dress is coming home to live with me, then we do not know each other very well at all.

P.P.S. I love the word "toast."

Photos by Shannon Kirsten 

1 comment:

  1. Those dresses are adorable. I love the meaning behind the name even more!

    ReplyDelete