Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The best soap in all the land.


We need to talk about Swedish Dream sea salt soap, because I am pretty sure it actually is the stuff dreams are made of. I'd seen pictures of the soap on numerous design blogs but had never thought about buying it until I walked into a little store up the street from my office*, picked it up and took a whiff. I left without purchasing it that day, but thought about it so much afterward that I went back not 24 hours later to buy it, and I'm so glad I did. I don't know how to describe the scent other than that it's the perfect mix of salty and soapy; it smells like the ocean but it also smells clean, like how you'd expect to smell if you took a shower after a couple of hours of swimming in the sea. Man, I love soap

*The little store up the street from my office is called Tortoise & Pearl, and it is filled with awesomeness--everything from gorgeous handmade jewelry to home goods to vintage clothes and shoes. If you're local (or planning to visit Sarasota), it's a must-visit. Here's the shop's Facebook page, if you'd like to take a peek (though it's not updated too often).

1 comment:

  1. I'm adding this to my (never-ending)list of things I havetohave. :)

    ReplyDelete