Wednesday, August 6, 2008

an awesome present from an awesome shop.

yesterday at lunch i hauled my cookies to the ups store to pick up a package from my dear friend/ex-college roommate/fellow blogger mel. i ripped open the box as soon as i got to my car and was thrilled to find a fantastic apron from sommer designs waiting for me inside!

for those of you who are unfamiliar, sommer designs is run by carrie sommers, a california-based accessories designer and blogger. carrie’s shop is full of wonderful things (drawer liners, handbags, pouches, key fobs and baby burpy cloths), but it’s her aprons that are really fabulous. as you can see from the photo above, mel sent me a hostess-style one in the “melrose” print, and i seriously can’t wait to put it on and whip up some kind of delicious confection. (here’s a little factoid about me: i love to bake, why is why the idea of wearing something so pretty while doing so is such a fun one.)

thank you, thank you, thank you, mel, for such an awesome birthday present!

p.s. you guys know what i need to go with this apron, right? one of these beauties – preferably in this exact pistachio color. my apron and its mixer would be so happy together.

{ photos of apron by moi; photo of grace's mixer snatched from d*s; it's so much prettier than the pictures on the kitchenaid site. }

2 comments:

  1. I am SOOO glad you like your gift. Of course I knew you were going to like it, that's why I bought it for you! They screamed for me to get you one, seriously.

    PS - I was going to tell you about this when we talk tonight, but this presents a good opportunity since you mentioned a kitchenaid mixer in your post - I am getting a RED one for christmas! Joe's mom is getting it for me! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah! i'm so jealous of your mixer -- we will have to discuss later, for sure.

    i am also kind of loving the ice blue color...thoughts on that?

    and yes, i LOVE my gift -- of course! xox

    ReplyDelete