Monday, October 20, 2008

loving: sculptural shapes for fall.

fall is officially here, my loves--i felt it in full force this weekend. the humidity disappeared, the thermometer dropped and the air was crisp--in other words, the weekend was pretty much perfection.

i spent friday night at dinner with some girlfriends, then got dressed up and headed to the ungala gala at the ringling museum courtyard on saturday night (for work, mind you). the ungala, a black-tie event, is the kickoff to sarasota's social season, and people--women especially--really go all-out in terms of attire. i saw some gorgeous dresses, including a stunning, sculptural, navy-blue oscar de la renta that was seriously awe-inspiring.

now, i certainly can't afford an oscar de la renta dress, so i was excited when i popped over to the anthropologie web site today and saw that a bunch of their new pieces are sculptural and detail-inspired, as well--much like leanne's final collection for project runway (side note: how glad are you that she won? she was my favorite from the beginning). below are a few of my favorites; that blouse on the left is really calling my name.

what are you looking forward to wearing this fall?

{ image via anthropologie; cropped and resized for this blog by moi }

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to wear my new Jessica Simpsons boot and True Religion half boots! I just bought them {I am actually going to post about them as soon as I get some time to take photos}...I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, again!! I have tagged you. I would like to get to know you a bit!! You can see what to do over at my blog. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks, alison! :) heading over to look now...xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wanted her to win too! and these clothes definitely remind me of her architectural clothing. i love the coat!

    ReplyDelete