Tuesday, April 26, 2011

spring favorites.

springfaves

i love reading what's-in-your-bag and what's-in-your-beauty-cabinet style posts, so i thought i'd do one featuring my spring favorites. i have a pretty simple beauty routine -- a little foundation, some blush and mascara, blown-out hair when i have the time -- but i feel like lately i've found the products that really work for me.

1. mario badescu enzyme cleansing gel: i use this in the morning and it wakes up my skin really nicely. i find that as an end-of-day, makeup-removing product it's not fantastic (for me, at least), but in the morning it's perfect.
2. kiehls ultra facial products: i use these at night (i got them as part of a travel set, as a gift) to remove the day's makeup, tone and moisturize, and i love them. so gentle. plus they last forever.
3. jo malone orange blossom perfume: this scent is like the best of florida in a bottle -- it truly smells like orange blossoms and i love it. i had been using issey miyake for awhile -- and i still use miss dior cherie for special, particularly girly occasions -- but this is my new, hands-down favorite.
4. moroccanoil: smells great and works even better -- whenever i use it, my hair is softer and shinier. also, even though it's expensive, it lasts forever. i'm still less than halfway through a bottle i bought last mid-year last year.
5. fekkai glossing shampoo and conditioner: i got some samples of this and my hair just drinks it up. coupled with the moroccanoil, it's perfect. plus, it smells great.
6. bare minerals makeup: i have finicky, sensitive skin, and this is my product of choice. it's light but not drying and they actually make it in a shade that perfectly matches my incredibly white skin.
7. nars blush in super orgasm: my aunt bought this and didn't like it (!), so she gave it to me and i love it--and the little hint of sparkle it provides.
8. josie maran lip & cheek stain in jive: i bought this a few months ago and it's totally worth it. it somehow manages to be super-saturated and moisturizing. it's a little too bright for me to feel comfortable wearing every day, but on mornings when i need a pick-me-up or nights when i'm going out, it's perfect.
9. cover girl lash blast mascara (orange tube): best mascara i've ever used, hands-down. it's amazing. thickening and lengthening.

and you? what are your favorite beauty products right now? please share, i very unabashedly love this stuff.

4 comments:

  1. I just started using Dr. Hauschka products and I really like them. (Spendy, but nice.) I need to get a few things to accent my normal make-up routine, though. Maybe some blush and a new gloss or stain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, steph, i've heard good things about that line. and blush and glosses are my favorite products, too--i'm not really into eyeshadows or eyeliners.

    i forgot to mention that i really love rosebud salve, too--my lips get super chapped and that stuff is like a miracle worker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stila convertible colour. Must have - although they don't sell it in the UK so I have to get friends visiting the USA to run to Sephora for me.
    You should def check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NARS blush in "Doucer", the Urban Decay "Naked" palette, Make Up Forever oil-free high def foundation, Clinique "Baby Kiss" lipstick, the same orange mascara you like, and Origins "Checks and Balances" cleanser to take it all off at the end of the day. The next thing I want to try is a BB cream. I just have to decided which one from which brand I want.

    ReplyDelete