Tuesday, September 2, 2008

i carry your heart.

vane’s blog, bklynbride, is one of my favorites for a variety of reasons: she’s a good writer, she posts gorgeous pictures and her posts let me fantasize about my own wedding (which, to be clear, is not happening anytime soon).

luckily, one of my best friends is having her wedding fairly soon (next september!), and so i, as maid of honor, can now think about weddings for her, which makes me very happy. so you can imagine my joy when, while enveloped in a peachy-pink, glinda the good witch-esque wedding bubble the other day, i stumbled across the adorable etsy shop paloma’s nest (via bklynbride, of course) and discovered that it carries ring-bearer plates inscribed with text from one of mel’s (and my!) favorite poems: “i carry your heart,” by e.e. cummings.

run by caroline coloma vasquez, paloma’s nest has tons of other great things, too: daily thought building blocks, wood stationery, customized gift bags, hand-stamped cotton ribbons – lots of stuff that’s perfect for weddings and receptions. you’ll see a few of my favorites and the e.e. cummings plate above; click here to check out everything else the shop offers.

ps: one of my favorite things about caroline’s shop? the quote in the profile: “do small things with great love.” how fitting.

{ all images via paloma's nest. }

2 comments:

  1. I love those bowls - I got one for my boyfriend for Christmas. It said "Love you Snookie" It's our pet name...hehe.

    ReplyDelete