Monday, July 25, 2011

the weekend + committing to...


at first i was afraid this image wasn't appropriate for a bright-and-sunny monday post, but now that i'm typing it at 10 p.m. and it's officially dark outside, i've changed my tune. so before i get started, isn't it gorgeous? peter pan has always been one of my favorite stories, and this image makes me think of one of my favorite lines from the book (and in fact, from children's literature, like, ever): "second star to the right and straight on till morning." i'm smiling even as i type it.

so! the weekend! the weekend was fantastic. in the spirit of doing things that scare me (in the good way), i spent some time with someone new and had way more fun than i expected. i also made the aforementioned lemon bars (success), spent time with friends, spent time with family, celebrated a birthday and drank champagne. a good few days, indeed.

so in the spirit of those good things, here are my commitments for the next week:

+ continue to be open to new things.
+ learn to paddleboard! (this is actually happening on thursday. i cannot wait.)
+ do two spin classes and at least one good yoga session. (i've already done one spin class -- woohoo!)
+ rack my brain to figure out something super fun and quintessentially sarasota to do with someone coming in from out of town this weekend. (this should not be hard for me but it's proving challenging.)
+ give my house a deep clean. i've started with the bathroom, my least favorite thing, so at least that's done.

and you? what are you committing to this week? tell me, and i'll see you back here tomorrow!

photo by hamjolou

2 comments:

  1. Finally over the dreaded summer crud. Get back to training for Komen 3 day, study Spanish, go to farmers market this week and try to cook another meal (tonight's didn't turn out so great). And I restarted knitting a scarf. Maybe I will finish it before winter.

    Love that phot. Where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're traveling this week, so my goal is to stay calm and get as ahead as I can with work and house stuff. :)

    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete