Monday, July 11, 2011

the weekend + committing to...


whew. today was certainly a monday -- the kind of monday that only comes after a week-long vacation (you know what i mean, right?). but it was also surprisingly cool outside, thanks to some threatening gray skies that never actually made rain, and i managed to make it to my spin class, which was amazing. oh, and now i'm typing this blog post with zadie cuddled up next to me. there's no better way, for me, to start the week.

the weekend was lovely, too. in fact, here are five wonderful things that happened:

+ coming back to sarasota and two felines who really missed me. love my fluffs!
+ dinner with my favorite friend t. and her new boyfriend. we drank $3 wine and laughed a lot. it was awesome.
+ sleep. oh, sweet sleep. for some reason, i didn't get a whole lot in savannah, so being back in my own bed was like heaven.
+ cupcake carnage. yum.
+ a perfectly relaxing sunday that included errand-running and movies and nothing i didn't want to do.


and here are five commitments for the week:

+ stay calm. i have a feeling that this is going to be a pretty hectic week, and i can get pretty wound up if i don't watch myself. so, yes: calm.
+ take more photos. i had a ball doing just that in savannah, and my little point-and-shoot is serving me well.
+ think about health goals for the rest of the summer.
+ finish a new book.
+ spend time with friends who have been out of town (talking to you, k.!)

and you? what are your goals for the week? tell me, and i'll see you back here tomorrow!

photo by saraseaside

No comments:

Post a Comment