Friday, August 30, 2013

What are you doing this (long) weekend?


Happy weekend, friends—and if you're in the U.S., happy Labor Day (read: long) weekend. What are your plans for the next few days? I'm heading north for my best friend/college roomie's baby shower (I'm making these Magnolia Bakery vanilla cupcakes for it) and staying through Monday to hang out with my parents. They recently redid their kitchen and it's gorgeous and the new appliances are awesome and fancy, so I'm looking forward to cooking and baking there (we're also making Tyler Florence's fried chicken recipe for our traditional Labor Day cookout).

I'm also pretty tired after what turned out to be a long week (good long, just...long), so I'm also looking forward to unplugging a little bit and just relaxing. And that's what three-day weekends are for, anyway, right?

If you'd like to do some reading/web browsing this weekend, here are three great links:

Great life lessons from Kate at Wit & Delight.

The transcript of President Obama's speech from the Martin Luther King Jr. 50th anniversary celebrations. So moving.

Death to the Stock Photo is a new (free) site for bloggers looking for beautiful imagery—interesting concept, huh? (via Hither and Thither)

Oh, and in case you missed anything here: New pink lipstick, my obsession with Moroccan wedding blankets, six things you should know about me (thanks again, Alicia!) and Emerson Fry's fall/winter collection and my tormented relationship with it.

See you back here Tuesday. xoxo

Photo: My own, snapped on the way into my aesthetician's office, which happens to be in the back of an artist's studio. 

2 comments:

  1. wow the (non) stock photo site is really stunning. makes me want to hunt around.

    I'll be resting, as we just got back from Indiana with family and I've managed to catch a nasty summer cold. lost of soup, ice-d "milk", books, and sleeping for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, fried chicken! Very interesting photo sight, those pictures look gorgeous and I'd love to know more about the project.

    I was happy to read your responses to the 6 things! Have a wonderful long weekend.

    Alicia / Jaybird: Home in Motion

    ReplyDelete