Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Six things you should know about me.
My friend Alicia, who writes the wonderful Jaybird blog, tagged me to fill out this little survey, and since I am a sucker for this kind of thing, I figured I'd oblige. So, here you go: Six things you should know about me.
1. What is one thing you are thankful for right this moment?
Right at this moment? Coffee. Also, a job I love, wonderful friends and family, my sweet kitty cats and a bunch of opportunities that have recently come my way.
2. What was your favorite book as a kid?
Oh, gosh, this is hard. Coming to mind right now are The Very Hungry Caterpillar, The Little House and Strega Nona. And when I was in third grade I went through a very intense Nancy Drew phase.
3. Do you have a mentor? If so, what’s the most significant thing you’ve learned from him or her?
My mentor is my current boss. She's super smart, a wonderful manager and teacher, a talented writer and editor, and just an incredibly fair, kind human being.
4. If you had to subsist on three foods for a year, what would they be?
Smoked salmon (I really could eat this every day), Trader Joe's chicken gyoza dumplings (I'm obsessed with them right now) and burrata.
5. What travel destination is on your “someday” list?
Paris! I've never been out of the country (I know), and that is the first place I want to go.
6. If you had to write a six-word memoir, what would it be?
Ask for what you want. (OK, so that's only five words, but they're so important you don't need the sixth. Seriously: Best lesson I've ever learned.)
Would love to hear your responses to these questions, as well! Feel free to answer them in a comment or send me a link to the post if you respond on your own blog (I'd especially love to know what your six-word memoir would be!).
Photo: Me and my parents' adorable pup, Legacy.