anyway, until monday, my loves! here goes the survey:
what are the last 3 things you purchased?
+ new sunglasses
+ new lip gloss
+ a new cropped cardigan
2. what are the last 3 songs you downloaded?
+ “in your atmosphere (live),” john mayer
+ “free fallin’ (live),” john mayer – such a good cover
+ “everyday people,” sly and the family stone (thank you, definitely, maybe opening credits)
3. where were the last 3 places you visited?
+ nyack, new york
+ scranton/allentown, pa
4. what are your 3 favorite movies?
+ big fish (although i can’t watch this without crying, so i generally don’t. even so, it’s amazing.)
+say anything (there are SO many more, though).
5. what are your 3 favorite possessions?
+ my kitty cat, oscar wilde.
+ some vintage clutches and necklaces that belonged (well, belong, but she gave them to me) to my 92-year-old grandmother
+ a painting that hung in my grandparents’ house up north. love.
6. what 3 things can you not live without?
+ my friends and family + cheese. no, seriously.
+ e-mail (is this sad?)
7. what would be your 3 wishes?
+ i love sarasota, but i’d really like to go live somewhere new (new york, san francisco, paris) sometime soon. at least for a little while.
+ become a household name (as a writer, people, not as a reality-tv star who puts leeches down my pants).
+ to be a little more financially secure. goal for this year? definitely.
8. what are 3 things you have not done yet?
+ been out of the country (i know, i know…next year, ireland, though? maybe?)
+ gotten married (although i’ve already picked out the most beautiful wedding invitations – i found them on design*sponge yesterday, and even though they're a diy project, i plan on copying. see above. and below.)
+ and on a more immediate scale, i have not yet decided what carrot cake recipe i’m going to make for my friend s.’s birthday on saturday.
9. what are your 3 favorite dishes?
+ heidi’s pea dumplings (and heidi’s pea dumplings in a simple soup of yellow split peas and herby broth, topped with chives and parmesan cheese – yum!)
+ giada’s creamy artichoke soup
+ ina’s mac and cheese
10. what 3 celebrities would you want to hang out with the most?
+ natalie portman (i’m picking female celebs i’d want to, like, go shopping with – boys are a whole different story!)
+ amy adams (who just got engaged, people.com tells me, yay!)
+ john krasinski (ok, forget the no-boys thing: i couldn’t not put him on this list, because i love him. would like to use these wedding invitations for our nuptials.).
11. name 3 things that freak you out.
+ roaches. yuck.
+ weird noises late at night.
+ grasshoppers. uugggghhh.
12. if you could describe yourself in 3 words, what would they be?
13. name 3 unusual things you are good at.
i don’t know if i’m good at anything unsual, but here are three regular things i’m good at (aside from writing/editing):
+ crossword puzzles
14. what are 3 things you are currently coveting?
+ right now, i’m coveting a starbucks iced nonfat vanilla latte and a croissant from c’est la vie, the little french bistro downtown. it’s almost lunchtime.
+ this great little gray dress i saw at target. i’d pair it with my cute yellow flats and a big bag. at a mere $20 bucks, i think it’s coming home with me this weekend (i’ll post a link when i can find it.) + a pedicure. i pretty much wear flip-flops year-round (although not to work, of course), and my feet are showing it right now. also, an eyebrow wax. it’s been a little while. i'm just sayin'.
15. what 3 bloggers would you like tag? i think erika at in(side) the loop said it best: choosing people to tag makes me feel like i’m in middle school and picking teams for p.e. all over again (fyi, i was always chosen last – i didn’t “blossom” until high school). so if you want to do it, feel free!
again, have a fantastic weekend, everyone – the last one in july, can you believe it? xx.
(images above via design*sponge)