Friday, November 16, 2012

What are you doing this weekend?


Happy Friday, friends! How were your weeks? Things seem to be picking up around here lately, and while I'm excited for the holidays, I find myself making tons of lists and programming a lot of reminders into my phone in an effort to make sure things don't slip through the cracks. (Excitingly, I think the next list I'll be making is my holiday cookie master plan. It may be time for those nutella-stuffed chocolate chip cookies to make their debut in my kitchen.)

In other news, I am in desperate need of some new clothes (ACS has started to referring to my favorite striped Gap top as my "Sunday shirt," as in I wear it every weekend), so I think a trip to the store is in order. It's been a little cooler here, so I'm looking forward to picking up a few pretty things that aren't T-shirts. What are your plans for the next few days?

Oh, and if you're in the mood for some reading, here are three fun links:

I know she's not everyone's cup of tea, but I love Stacy London (I met her earlier this year and she was wonderful), so I really enjoyed reading her feature on The Coveteur. (The Coveteur)

I want to see Anna Karenina (the movie), which stars Keira Knightley. Here's the New York Times review.  Will you be seeing it? (The New York Times)

No more Twinkies: 16 vintage Hostess commercials. (New York Magazine)

And bonus: I know you've probably all seen it, but here's Pete Wells' scathing review of Guy Fieri's new Times Square restaurant. Eep. ("Why does the toasted marshmallow taste like fish?") (The New York Times)

Have a great weekend (the last one before Thanksgiving!) and I'll see you on Monday. xoxo

Photo: Kari Herer

1 comment:

  1. I am making a baking list right now actually. Those Nutella stuffed cookies are on my list for December, so I recently got a big jar of Nutella in preparation for them. So exciting!

    A clothing shopping trip is in my future too, not because I need any clothing, but because I was just given money as a gift and it is what I want to spend most of it on. I just hope my stuffed closet and dresser can forgive me. ; )

    My weekend plans include a book and bake sale at the library, lots of reading and movie watching, and just generally enjoying the company of family. I'm so looking forward to the 2 day work/school week next week.

    ReplyDelete