Monday, March 12, 2012

scenes from the weekend + committing to...


happy monday! how were your weekends?

mine was exactly what i hoped it would be: a quiet friday night made way for a raucous saturday evening downtown with some of my favorite people. chillounge night was a blast, proving once again why it's one of my favorite annual events: there was amazing live music, champagne, a fashion show and just a general feeling of festivity, despite a random downpour in the middle of the event.

after saturday's shenanigans, sunday was a low-key day, as well. i slept in (way in), got my grocery shopping and erranding for the week done, had dinner with a favorite friend and ended the evening in my apartment listening to the rain outside while lighting candles and watching movies inside. this week is a short one for me -- i took friday off -- but there's lots to get done before then, so it feels nice to be organized as i head into it all.

and speaking of, here are my little goals for the week:

+ stay organized.
+ get enough sleep. (i've been really bad about this lately.)
+ spend time outside. (maybe a trip to the beach, since the weather's been in the 80s and doesn't seem likely to change.)
+ continue to embrace color in my wardrobe and my life in general. it makes me happy.
+ try to remember one of my favorite things to say: everyone has a story. (i find that thinking about that leads to fewer snap judgments and more tolerance and patience.)

how about you? what are your goals for the week? tell me, and i'll see you back here tomorrow.

p.s. lots more flowers coming this week...

photo by me, snapped before sunday's rainshowers.

6 comments:

  1. your weekend sounds perfect. mine too was spent with friends {& shopping way too much - oooops}

    i've been embracing colour too in my shopping - bought corals and blues and greys and florals. looking at them make me happy! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that sounds like a great weekend, em! yay for shopping and lots of color. :)

      Delete
  2. Great goals. I only have one this week - get enough sleep. I've been really bad about that lately too, and it makes everything else harder. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hope you get enough sleep, mary -- especially since this one is particularly difficult with daylight savings (i didn't sleep one wink last night but am hoping i will tonight). wishing you many sweet dreams!

      Delete
  3. I love that photo of the snapdragons. So pretty! Here's to hoping the week is as productive as the weekend!

    ReplyDelete