Friday, February 11, 2011

what are you doing this weekend? + some pretty, pretty cakes.




aren't these maggie austin cakes absolutely beautiful? if i ever get married, i would have one at my wedding in a heartbeat. they're the kind of cake that are so lovely that you almost don't want to touch them--but at the same time, the frills and ruffles kind of make you want to swipe your finger along the edge of one and take a big lick of frosting, don't they? (they do for me, at least. maybe i need some cake today.) (p.s. are you proud that i managed to avoid the phrase/pun "takes the cake"?)

anyway, what are your plans for the weekend? i finally got my house cleaned up last night, so i can check that off my to-do list, but i still want to try and go to a spin class and walk the bridge -- oh, and bake those valentine's day cookies i mentioned on monday. and either tonight or tomorrow, a group of my favorite friends and i are getting together for a catch-up night -- it's been too long since we've all been able to hang out, so i'm really looking forward to it.

tell me what you're up to, have a lovely and love-filled weekend, and i'll see you back here on monday (with something valentine's-y, i'm sure!). xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Those cakes are amazing. They make me want to take a cake decorating class. (A really fancy one.) This weekend I will be sewing and doing schoolwork and hanging out with my man. I really just want to be productive but in a relaxed way...you know what I mean? Enjoy the weekend!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete