Monday, February 7, 2011

the weekend + committing to...


happy monday, friends! how were your weekends? i spent most of mine laying low, just like i wanted, but manage to venture out for a super bowl party for a bit on sunday night, which was full of the most delicious food imaginable and some pretty awesome company. a nice way to end the weekend, indeed.

other saturday/sunday highlights included finally watching the social network (thoroughly enjoyed -- did you see it?), spending time with friends, and making peanut butter buckeyes (i used this recipe, but cut the sugar down to four cups) for the super bowl party. again, exactly what i wanted to do. i love it when things align like that.

and now, in the spirit of a new week, here are my commitments for the next several days:

+ hit a spin class at least once; walk the bridge a few times; keep up my pilates routine.
+ finish my proofreading project.
+ make this sandwich for lunch one day. yum. (p.s.: that's my good friend's tumblr. yay!)
+ also make molly's heart-shaped valentine's cookies that quite literally taste pink, thanks to a capful of cherry extract.
+ finish cleaning out the closets in my house -- so far my bedroom and hall closets have been cleared, and it feels really nice to deaccession.
+ go to bed by 11:30 p.m. every night this week. (i have to circle back to this one every few weeks because i am so, so bad at it. hello, night owl.)
+ do exactly what the image above says.

and you? what are your goals for the week? please share, and i'll see you back here tomorrow! xo

7 comments:

  1. I'm revamping my daily routine and getting up at 5am now to hit the gym. This will require me to be in bed by 9:30 so that I don't turn into a wicked beast because I didn't get enough sleep. :) Get to bed early, wake up early, work out. Those are my goals this week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. steph, that is awesome! i need to follow your lead. i think i'll be drinking chamomile tea tonight -- ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the most awesomesauce blog name.

    And my goal for the week is to thoroughly enjoy my trip to The Big Apple.

    Thanks so much for stopping by La Lamp Shade!

    xo,

    Raina
    If the Lamp Shade Fits

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goal for the upcoming week is to read as much as possible. I've been neglecting it but once I pick it up I love it all over again. It's going to be freeezing these next 3 days so what better time?! Plus my hubs is out of town so if I don't do it, please feel free to scold me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes they are aren't they. but I love that you're thinking of bed by 11.30. I am thinking about 9.30 - haha. {although I failed last night and didn't make it to bed till 11!}
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the social network...wasn't sure I would, but it was really entertaining. I'm on an exercise kick, so that's my goal for the week. Hope yours is a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. raina, thanks -- and i will be coming back!

    meagan, reading as much as possible sounds like perfection. enjoy.

    em, that's too funny! maybe i should aim for 9:30 so i can actually be in bed with the lights out by 11:30. (i failed last night, too. yikes.)

    mary, yay for the social network! and have fun exercising. :)

    ReplyDelete