Wednesday, January 12, 2011

wishful thinking.


last night at 10:45 p.m., my friend t. and i bundled up (well, bundled up by florida standards) and drove to siesta key beach, where we scattered our wishes for 2011 into the gulf of mexico at exactly 11:11 p.m. we'd written the wishes on strips of paper, and watching them flutter into the ocean was like watching little butterflies take flight -- i felt almost proud. 

there's something magical about the beach at night, and that magic -- coupled with the fact that yesterday felt like a lucky day -- made sending off those wishes all the more fun and crazy and auspicious. it was a great, unexpected thing to do, and i came home feeling giggly and happy and full of possibility.

how were your tuesdays? how are your wednesdays? xoxo

photo by me

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun! I didn't even realize it was 11:11 either time yesterday, doh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible idea--and how nice is it that you're so close to the beach! You should be proud :) The beach definitely is magical at night...sounds like a perfect Tuesday nightcap to me! So happy to have found your blog! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wish I lived that close to the beach. What fun!

    The day got off to a rocky start, but I'm feeling better now. I'll be happy when I am at home this evening. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my. I love this. I wish I had a friend to bundle me into a car and take me to the beach to make wishes.
    it sounds perfect. x

    ReplyDelete