Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 + committing to...

hi, everyone -- happy first monday of 2011.

i can tell already that 2011 is going to be a year of big changes. i'm looking at the new year as one in which i need to move forward with my life. that in 2011 i need to make choices that make me happy and that are right for me, that i shouldn't settle, that i shouldn't be afraid of change. i've also learned a lot about my own worth, as both a person and as an employee, and i'm grateful for that.

i tend to start new years thinking that the resolutions i've made are going to take effect instantly. this year, i don't feel like that -- i feel like, as i said in the first paragraph of this post, big changes are going to happen in 2011, but i think they're going to happen when they should and that they're going to be changes that stick with me for the long haul.

so in that vein, here's what i resolve to do in 2011:

+ find a job -- no, a career -- that's fulfilling professionally, financially, and emotionally. relocate if necessary; don't be scared of it.

+ pay off all my credit card debt.

+ take vitamins.

+ cook more. follow mark bittman's plan for eating healthily: eat (mostly) vegan, and when i don't, minimize my meat intake; watch my weight, exercise.

+ speaking of exercise, do it as close to daily as possible, even if that just means a little walk around my neighborhood. i'd also like to run another 5k this year.

+ dress a little more like a grown-up. replace flip-flops with heels or pretty flats; embrace dresses; wear pants that are not denim every so often.

+ tell my friends and family how much i love them (a lot) as much as possible.

+ work on my blog more; come up with some original series for it. i love this space and i want to make it a place people want to come.

i think these are all good, attainable goals with which to kick off 2011, don't you? do you make new year's resolutions? if so, what are they? please share -- i'll see you back here tomorrow!

xoxo

photo by confetti system

6 comments:

  1. so lovely! These are all fabulous! I try and take my vitamins everyday too! But, alas at times I forget ;)

    Happy New Year to you and your loved ones! I hope that 2011 is an amazing year for you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great list! You've got me inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list, Megan! I love the goal to dress a little more grown-up...it's one of mine for this year as well. I can't wait to see how it all goes for you! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such an inspiring list

    im at cross roads in life right now too and this is such an inspiration!

    all the best to you babe

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an inspiring list - all the best to you in 2011!

    ReplyDelete