Friday, November 12, 2010

what are you doing this weekend?


happy, happy, happy friday, friends! i am so glad it's the weekend -- not only because it's been a long work week, but because i have a celebration-filled few days ahead of me. my friend chris is 40 (!) today -- he doesn't look a day over 30, seriously (why do men age so well?) -- and my friend steph turns 30 on sunday, but we're throwing her a little party tomorrow night. (i'm making a salted caramel banana-pudding pie; recipe and results to come on monday.)

so, it seems like tonight will be a night to strap on some heels and cocktail it up, and tomorrow will be a night where my best friends and i end up sitting barefoot around my friend t.'s living room, drinking beer, playing games (hello, catchphrase!), and laughing our heads off. i'm looking forward to it, and to the whole weekend, really.

i also plan on doing some more thinking about next steps. i've pretty much come to the conclusion that i need a change; the next thing i need to do is to map out a way to make that change happen. and you know, no matter what it is, the first step comes in getting my finances in order so i can do it (a thought i owe to my dear-friend-cum-financial-advisor jenn). we've been talking about end-of-year, six-month, and year-long goals, and i think i'm going to flush those out a little more clearly. so there's that, too.

what are your plans for the next few days? tell me, and i'll see you back here on monday!

xoxo

lovely photo by coquinete.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! Yes, I want those recipes - sounds delish. We've got no plans for the weekend but a game night sounds like a blast! Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete