Wednesday, November 24, 2010

i know the heart of life is good.


things i'm grateful for as thanksgiving draws near:

+ my family, which includes two parents who are still married to each other; a whip-smart, hilarious younger brother; my dad's sister, who i consider one of my best friends; countless talented aunts, uncles, and cousins; and two absolutely amazing and lovely grandmothers, who have set the bar so high for me as a woman and as a human being.

+ my friends, who really also should fall under the the category of family -- the kind of people who laugh with me, cry with me, nickname me, help me organize my finances and my life, fix my car for me out of the kindness of their hearts, dance wildly with me, sing at the top of their lungs with me in the car, drop little presents off on my doorstep, and share cocktails, wishes, and secrets with me. sometimes i pinch myself wondering how i got so lucky.

+ my cat, oscar, who brightens my life with his fluffy white fur and little pink paws and the way he likes to give eskimo kisses and cuddles whenever i need him to.

+ my job, because even though it isn't necessarily what i expected, i know that i'm lucky to have it.

+ a sunny outlook on life, because it makes the hard things easier. (my friends sometimes tell me i act like life's a marshmallow. and you know, why not?)

+ this blog, because i love it. and the readers of this blog, because your comments bring me joy every day. i feel like you're all my friends, and i wish we could all get together for coffee/tea/cocktails.

happy thanksgiving to my american readers, and a happy and thanks-filled thursday to everyone else.

xoxo

photo of pumpkin bourbon pie by helen. other things i'm grateful for? pumpkin cream and chocolate cream pie this season. yum.

3 comments:

  1. What a nice bundle of things you're grateful for, Megan! I'm grateful for your blog, too, because it's one of the first things I read in the morning and it makes me happy. Enjoy the long weekend and time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi hi! i just stumbled upon your adorable little blog and couldn't help but bookmark and follow you! i so look forward to following your adventures in the months to come! happy thanksgiving! xo, kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm having such fun, getting caught up on my blog reading, and reading all the wonderful posts with what everybody is thankful for. lovely.

    ReplyDelete