Monday, October 11, 2010

the weekend + committing to...


happy monday, friends! how have your weekends been? mine was, quite literally, sweet -- from the homemade oreos i baked (see photo above) to the time i spent with friends. my college friend k. was in town (taking the GRE lit subject test -- yikes), so we spent most of saturday together, eating the aforementioned cookies, drinking tea, exchanging clothes, and catching up.

then, sunday, i slept in, read the new lonny (yay), and found the perfect fall blazer while on a little shopping trip with my friend k. even though i probably won't get to wear it very often until december, i've been on the hunt for something like this for awhile now -- plus, seeing katherine heigl's covetable wardrobe in the super-fluffy-but-still-cute life as we know it on friday augmented my desire to find it. and on a random thrift-store stop, i did. yay! you really can't go wrong for $4.99. (a little dry-cleaning action and it'll be totally good to go.) it was a good two days.

how were your weekends? did you do anything exciting? are you looking forward to a brand new week?

and speaking of a new week, here are my commitments to this one:

+ standing up for myself. not compromising.
+ continuing my cooking and baking spree (because it's so much fun).
+ appreciating the little things -- like a monday night spent on the couch with my cat.
+ continuing to be open to the possibility of something big. i'll write more about this soon.

and you? what are your goals for the next few days? tell me, and i'll see you back here soon!

photo above of my delicious cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment