Monday, October 18, 2010

the weekend (and end of last week) + committing to...


happy monday, friends! i caught a gross cold sometime in the middle of last week, and, just when i thought i was getting better, i started feeling worse. so the last couple of days have consisted of tons of tea, vitamin c, zinc, kleenex, and time on the couch with oscar-cat and my favorite, softest blanket -- hence the silence around here.

i needed the down time, though. and in fact, while laying around at home, i managed to come up with bagfuls of clothes i want to donate/consign (my closet is breathing a sigh of relief), write down a list of books i'm dying to read this fall (nicole krauss' great house is at the tip-top of this list), and whip up my version of molly's father's amazing french toast. oh, and i made the most random and awesome mix cd ever. i can't wait to listen to it in my car on the way to work.

how were your weekends? are you looking forward to the upcoming week? can you believe it's officially mid-october, and that every day we're creeping closer to november? (eek!)

anyway, here are my commitments to next seven days. share yours with me, too, will you?

+ completely recover from my cold, and continue to try and eat healthily and get a full night's sleep. my cold, i think, was exacerbated by a pretty sleepless week (work stress, some other personal things), which was just...not good. i feel bad for anyone who came in contact with me on thursday, let's just say that. so, yes: eat and sleep well.

+ start and finish the book the girls in my book club picked out (i've never been in a book club, and i'm a huge literature snob, so i'm wondering how it's all going to go, but i am looking forward to meeting new people and talking about words. nothing better than that.)

+ clean out my bedroom really, really well and keep the rest of the house clean. in my sickness it got kind of, um, messy.

+ spend as much time outside as humanly possible. fall in florida is gorgeous; we're looking at highs in the low 80s and lows in the 50s, with super-low humidity -- it's the kind of weather that makes you happy to be alive.

see you back here tomorrow! xoxo

image via here

6 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better. My goal is to survive today at work. Get to see Jimmy Beffett in Portland Tuesday night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your work stress and personal stuffs ease up soon! My goals for the week include having a better attitude than I did last week. And to keep myself organized, happy and well rested. I'm heading on a very last minute business trip to NYC on Thursday and I don't want to be a complete wreck when I get there! Enjoy that fall weather...it sounds AMAZING! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. stephanie, a trip to NYC at this time of year sounds AMAZING! have so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya. I'm battling a cold too. Eating and sleeping well is so important - our bodies fight back when they don't get it. And it's amazing how messy the house can get when you're not paying attention, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sleeping well and eating well are top of the list for me, too.

    But, really, I just wanted to say how much I loved the image you chose for this post! It definitely drew me in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mary, i hope you feel better! and yes, the joys of domesticity, right? :)

    alice, thanks so much. xo!

    ReplyDelete