Friday, July 12, 2013

What are you doing this weekend?


On Wednesday night, I took a walk on the beach with two friends, and on the way back to our cars we saw a couple getting ready to send off one of those fire-lit paper lanterns. The sun had set at this point and a storm was starting to roll in, but the sky was still pink and purple where we were, and watching the lantern float up, up and away was a nice reminder that taking a moment to breathe (and spend time with your friends) is always worth it.

And happy Friday, friends! This weekend my mom is coming to visit, and I'm so excited to take her to all my favorite spots, new and old: The farmer's market, Perq Coffee Bar, Artisan Cheese Company, etc. Depending on the weather, maybe we'll get to the museum, too. Who knows? My schedule is wide open and I couldn't be happier.

How about you? What are your plans? Oh, and if you're looking to do some reading over the weekend, here are three great links:

Emily Henderson's blog (which I'm currently obsessed with since I'm on a mission to figure out what to do with my house) is so good. All of it.

Ooh, summer reading suggestions.

Yay, an interview with Miranda July (and Jonah Peretti) about We Think Alone.

And in cased you missed anything here this week: The best pasta ever (making it again tonight), an awesome budget makeup find, puppy hugging (!!!), and my dream living room (can't stop staring at those pictures).

Have a wonderful weekend. xoxo

Photo: My own.

6 comments:

  1. I want to go all of those places you're taking your mom!!! My mom's actually coming in for a little day trip today - we're taking a walk along the lake, eating at my fave local mexican spot (fish tacos!) and dangling our feet in the pool. Plus, she gets to meet her grandfish! The rest of the weekend is WIDE open and I plan to do lots of running and reading poolside. Enjoy the time with your mama!

    eileen
    leaner by the lake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, yay for mother-daughter visits. That's awesome and your plans sound like so much fun (have I mentioned I want to visit Chicago?! Like, badly.) Also, "grandfish" may be the cutest thing I've ever heard.

      Have a fantastic weekend, E.! xoxo

      Delete
  2. thanks for making us a part of your moms day-tripping adventures!! hope you also had some great finds at the market and artisan cheese :-) i saw somebody posted finding local, organic figs today! i miss the market....but i love that so many friends come visit us everyday at the coffee bar! enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin! My mom loved Perq--she kept saying how delicious her mocca and scone were, and you know how I feel about my beloved flat whites! Hope you had an awesome weekend.

      Delete
  3. Loved seeing this moment on your instagram...just beautiful. And sounds like you are having a beautiful weekend too!

    On Friday I had my first wedding dress shopping experience. Didn't find anything magical, but had so much fun with my friend. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Clair! And oh my gosh, wedding dress shopping--so exciting! And definitely a great reason to spend time with friends. Hope you had a wonderful weekend! xo

      Delete