Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Flamingo dress.


I'm going to San Diego for my little brother's wedding at the end of this month, and while I have plenty of dresses in my own closet that I can wear, I am smitten with this flamingo-print shift dress (left) from Anthropologie. The wedding's on a boat at sunset, and my brother and his groomsmen are going jacketless and wearing khakis, so I think the whimsical print and easy cut of the dress would fit right in. (There's just something delightfully kitschy and Old Florida about it, too.) Would you wear it?

10 comments:

  1. Get the dress!!! I can't do shift dresses because of my bust and hips (it looks like I'm wearing a potato sack) but if you can rock a shift, I say do it!!

    eileen
    leaner by the lake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really hard for me to do shifts, too, but occasionally I find one that works and I'm hoping this is it! Thanks, E.! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love that dress! It is perfect for a San Diego wedding! Go for it girl. xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally get that dress! I'm in the same boat as Eileen with shift dresses and my shape so I want to live vicariously through you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I end up purchasing it, I'll let you know how it fits! Shift dresses have a 50/50 change of looking good on me, so fingers crossed! ;)

      Delete
  4. Flamingos?! I would totally wear that dress. Way cute. I say give it a try, and if it works, go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dress is so gorgeous!

    Melissa
    http://wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, I know--totally loving it! Thanks for stopping by, Melissa. :)

      Delete