Thursday, July 18, 2013

Proud Mary.




I've been a fan of Charleston, S.C.-based Proud Mary for awhile now, and for good reason: In addition to being beautiful, the products are fairly and responsibly manufactured by artisans all over the globe, from Mexico to Morocco. "We want our goods to be seen as a celebration of the people and cultures that created them," says owner Harper Poe.

And seriously, isn't this all gorgeous? That rug has been on my wishlist for months now, and I'd happily take both the tote and the clutch/cosmetic case on my upcoming trip to San Diego. But best of all, this is the kind of stuff I feel good posting about. Conscious consumerism. Yes. I can dig that.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Agree! And really love that she thinks so much about the people making her products. We need more of that.

      Delete
  2. I love that rug! I really want it in my house. the colors are perfect and the design is impeccable. Happy Friday!!
    xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, McKenna, me too! Thirtieth birthday present to self?! ;) Haha. xox

      Delete