Friday, November 18, 2011

what are you doing this weekend?


i mentioned on monday that i feel like i've been regaining my sense of equilibrium, and that's true: this week i managed to get back into a lot of my regular routines (like going to the gym and cooking something for dinner more complicated and nutritious than cereal). it's felt good.

something else that feels good is that the weekend is officially upon is, and that next week is -- for me, at least -- a short week. come wednesday night, i'll be picking up our thanksgiving pies at yoder's (i love bringing a bit of sarasota home with me for thanksgiving) and heading up to my parents' for at least thursday and friday, if not the entire weekend. this will be our first thanksgiving without my wonderful grandmother, so i'm sure there will be some sad moments -- but my brother will be home, which is a welcome and unexpected treat and will hopefully balance everything out a bit.

tonight i'm having dinner with (and, hopefully, walking around for awhile with*) someone delightful, and tomorrow i have lunch plans at one of my favorite places that i don't get to visit too frequently, so i'm excited for that. other than that, there's a little work to be done but i plan on hibernating for most of the time. it just feels like it should be one of those weekends.

what are your plans? tell me, and i'll see you back here on monday!

*walking around with people i like is one of my favorite things to do; to me, there's nothing nicer than strolling through a pretty park or neighborhood, talking and taking everything in.

images by emerson merrick. i can't get enough of the moodiness of her photographs.

1 comment:

  1. We're going to a football game on Saturday and then spending time with family on Sunday. I'm looking forward to it. I hope you have great weekend!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete