Friday, August 26, 2011

what are you doing this weekend?


happy friday, friends!

it's been an interesting week, hasn't it? it began, for me, with the idea that we might be getting at least the outer bands of a hurricane and is ending with clear, blue, sun-soaked skies -- confirming, i suppose, the idea that nothing is ever really certain.

still, hurricanes (even just the threat of them) never fail to make me twitchy -- i say to most people that it's because i hate going without electricity (i know, first-world problems), but really, it's the whole living-alone thing. i am a master at carrying multiple bags of groceries up flights of stairs, doing minor home repairs and generally being independent, and i like it that way. but sometimes i wish someone lived with me in my house other than my cats, and natural disasters are certainly one of those times. even when those natural disasters veer northeast, they still always give me pause.

but i'm not going to dwell on that this weekend, because what good would it do? instead, i'm going to catch up on some sleep, clean my house from top to bottom, do laundry, write my brother some more letters and spend time with friends. i'd like to get to the farmer's market and pick up some fresh flowers, too. and maybe i'll even try out a new baking project. who knows?

what are your plans for the weekend? tell me, and i'll see you back here on monday.

snuggle time with the fluffs: also on the agenda. (they love each other now, it's awesome.) photo by me.

3 comments:

  1. I can only imagine how freaky it might be to have to deal with natural disasters alone.

    Tonight I'm going to a concert with one of my best gals. And then tomorrow Andy and I are going peach picking and to a beer fest. Then Sunday I'm having a sewing day with my other best gal. I'm super excited to get to spend time with my 3 best friends this weekend. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cant imagine how bad a hurricane would be. i'm glad the UK has nothing like this.
    but this weekend its a bank holiday, so we get monday off - but i am having an evening alone with the boyf {for once}, we have a wedding tomorrow, bbq on sunday, drinks with friends on monday and carpet shopping in between........busy times.
    i am glad the hurricane is missing you, hope it stays away. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, and at some point i am making those cinnamon rolls.

    ReplyDelete