Monday, August 1, 2011

the weekend + committing to...



happy monday, friends -- and happy august! (seriously, can you believe it's august already? i cannot. although i am excited that it's my birthday week, so happiness, in this case, outweighs disbelief.)

anyway, how were your weekends? mine was awesome -- in fact, here are five delightful things that occured:

+ a delicious dinner and fun post-dinner walk on friday night. (made even more fun by the fact that we narrowly escaped a huge storm.)
+ horrible bosses. you guys: hilarious. the scene with charlie day singing in the car made me laugh so hard i cried. go see it.
+ saturday brunch (fresh fruit crepes, yum) at first watch. delicious.
+ the most amazing nap of my life on saturday afternoon.
+ a little shopping (followed by a little wine drinking) with my friend k. on sunday.

and here are five commitments for the upcoming week:

+ keep calm. this week looks busy already, and i took friday off so i could have a little three-day birthday weekend. so, yes: calm will be key for me.
+ smile.
+ in the same vein as above, set aside a few moment of silent stillness each day, whether that means unplugging a bit in the evenings or going to bed a few minutes earlier. i think that will be super beneficial.
+ try a new recipe. (not sure what yet.)
+ paddleboard! (this got cancelled last week, so i'm recycling. will post photos when it happens! we're long overdue for a scenes from sarasota post, anyway...)

and you? what are your goals for the next few days? tell me and i'll see you back here tomorrow.

photo by romeika

2 comments:

  1. Really want to try paddleboarding someday - looking forward to your pics! Oh, just reading your statement about the most amazing nap made me jealous. I can still remember my favorite nap - is that strange? It was over a decade ago - I'm due for another good one! Love that picture too, Strawberry on a plain cone was always my choice as a kid. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mm sounds like a perfect weekend. mine was productive with a bit of fun mixed in. i love your ideas to commit to stay "calm" this week. word of the week for me.

    ReplyDelete