Monday, May 16, 2011
the weekend + committing to...
what a weekend.
actually, i need to amend that: what a wonderful weekend. one of the best in a long time -- it was full of friends and food and drink and fun and all the things that make up a perfect saturday and sunday. i could probably go on for pages about the shenanigans, but i won't -- instead, i'll give you five favorites.
1. bridesmaids. not quite what i expected, but still pretty hilarious.
2. friends, and lots of them. all of whom live far away, which made seeing them that much sweeter.
3. perfect weather -- a brief reprieve from the recent 90-degree-plus temps.
4. me, growing a (metaphorical) pair. you guys, it is very hard for me to just go up and talk to people i don't know that well, especially in non-work situations -- but this weekend i did just that, and to someone pretty awesome. yes, it required a glass of wine or two, but it was amazing. yay for balls!
5. peonies, pictured above. a tiny splurge, but they make me so ridiculously happy that it's totally worth it.
and here are five commitments for the next few days:
1. biggest and most important: do some writing that is separate from work and from this blog. going to that reading last week flipped a switch in my head and made me realize how much i absolutely love making sentences. i've wanted to write a book ever since i was a little girl, so why not start piecing something together? even if i'm the only one who ever sees it, i think it will make me really happy.
2. keep up the exercise and healthy eating. i've been doing pretty well and hope the momentum will continue. in fact, i tried on a pair of shorts this weekend in a smaller size and they fit -- eek!
3. find a new (savory) recipe to try out. have you made anything particularly delicious lately?
4. smile as much as possible. i mentioned that i wanted to do this once before and think it bears repeating -- and pretty often, at that.
5. figure out some summer vacation plans since summer is practically upon us at this point.
and you? tell me, and i'll see you here tomorrow.