Monday, May 9, 2011
the weekend + committing to...
happy monday, everyone -- did you have a good weekend and a good mother's day? i had to stay in sarasota this weekend and missed my mom terribly, but we talked on the phone, she got the gift i sent her earlier in the week, and i made my brother deliver a card and flowers, so all was well.
a snapshot of the weekend, in five parts:
1. peonies. my favorite flower.
2. cakey buttermilk pancakes. (i use this recipe -- easy, quick, delicious.)
3. bethenny frankel yoga. (no, i am not kidding. best yoga workout i've done in a long time.)
4. beautiful, sunny weather.
5. salted caramel brownies. oh my god. (more to come on these.)
five commitments for the upcoming week:
1. remain focused in the face of continued busyness. (again, though, i really like it.)
2. cook as many meals as possible from scratch. (i've been really good about this lately and would like to continue.)
3. practice patience. and, on a related note, also acceptance.
4. finally cross a couple of things off my to-do list that i've been procrastinating on (most of which involve the post office).
5. spend time with some friends who will be in town at the end of the week -- i'm so excited to see them, especially since one lives far away (hi, jenn!) and one is moving to new york in july.
pretty photo by punkinmom.