Monday, June 21, 2010

the weekend + committing to...



happy monday, everyone! did you have a great father's day weekend? i did. i spent time with family, saw toy story 3 (which was excellent, i highly recommend it--definitely not just for kids), ate too much cake, and slept in. and now--once again--it's monday, and the start of a new week and new projects and new goals!

and speaking of new goals, here's my list of things i'm committing to over the next seven days:

+ posting my favorite etsy-ers/independent shop owners for you every day this week--starting with rachel of elephantine. rachel, who is based in seattle, creates beautiful necklaces, bracelets, and earrings that make perfect gifts--for yourself or for others. she also writes a fantastic blog that is one of my daily must-reads. click here to check out elephantine--i'm positive you'll love rachel's work as much as i do.

+ getting my apartment in ship-shape for my aunt, who is going to be visitng for the weekend, and my brother, who is considering moving to sarasota (!!) and probably staying with me for a bit.

+ taking a long walk at least one night this week. yes, it's hot as you-know-what here, but the 2.5-mile trek i did almost every night through the fall, winter, and spring. plus, it's staying light later than ever. and hey, that's what showers and air conditioners are for, right?

+ continuing to cut back on the caffeine. i did really well last week (yay!), and i want to keep up the momentum through this one.

+ making these banana muffins. and this smoothie. yum.

and you? what are your little goals for the week? any favorite etsy shops (including your own!) you'd like to share, as well?

xoxo!

{ images via elephantine }

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love Rachel's stuff, too. I really need to get myself a little something from her shop. :)

    ReplyDelete