Friday, May 3, 2013

What are you doing this weekend?


Happy Friday, friends! How were your weeks? After last week's seven days of celebrations, this week was spent readjusting to my normal routine and thinking about what's coming up next (travel plans and the like) and the goals I have for myself as we move into summer (more on those soon). And as far as this weekend goes, I'm taking a little trip to Central Florida on Saturday, but other than that there's nothing on the docket and I couldn't be happier. How about you? What are you up to?

If you're in the mood for some reading this weekend, here are three fun links:

This story—about a couple who got married after walking by each other for years on the street in New York City—is fantastic; a total heartwarmer. I loved it. (The whole Urban Gardener series is wonderful, in fact.)

Google's NYC offices have secret rooms (!) hidden behind bookcase doors that swing open (!!). As someone who grew up reading tons of Nancy Drew, this information makes me so happy.

I admit it: I'm a crazy cat lady. So I loved reading about this new book, and I particularly loved this quote: "You can never know your cat. In fact, you can never know anyone as completely as you want. But that's OK, love is better."

Have a great weekend and I'll see you back here Monday. xoxo

Photo: Oscar and Zadie, my two fluffsters. I couldn't make a crazy cat lady reference without including a photo of them. 

5 comments:

  1. Cannot wait to read that love story! It's basically the perfect meet cute (or not-meet cute!). Hope you've enjoyed a week of getting back to your routine. We've got very little on the docket this weekend too - a trip to Petsmart for new beta fish stuff, the nursery so I can finally put together my succulent terrarium, and installing our new bike rack on the car! Other than today which is sort of jammed, Sat and Sun are totally open and I'm loving it!

    Happy Friday, lovely lady!!
    www.leanerbythelake.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, E.! Your weekend sounds great--love those wide-open days. Hope it's perfect! And hooray for your new fishie! xoxo

      Delete
  2. My dog's name is Oscar! Best pet name ever?

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BEST pet name ever. :)

      You have a great weekend, too, Sarah!

      Delete
  3. We have a bank holiday here for May day, so it's been a day of crafting and puppy chores today, tomorrow we're hopefully bbq-ing and Monday I'm seeing my nan. Have a great weekend. x

    ReplyDelete