Friday, May 10, 2013

What are you doing this weekend? ( + Happy Mother's Day!)


Happy Friday and happy Mother's Day weekend, friends! What are your plans for the next few days? I'm heading to Orlando to hang out with my mom—she's requested these cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Sunday, and we're also going to see The Great Gatsby and maybe go to our favorite consignment shop. I feel like a cupcake is in order, too. (Wink.)

Tell me your plans—and whatever they are, I hope your weekends are filled with love. Oh, and if you're in the mood for some reading, three fun links:

"The Best of Hidden Florida" makes me want to go explore my state. (And if you're in Sarasota, you must, must go to Star Fish Company Market, included on the list.)

Jennifer Lawrence photobombs Sarah Jessica Parker at the Met Ball. This has made the rounds, but I think it's hilarious. Love J.Law. (If you haven't seen Silver Linings Playbook yet, do it. It's out on DVD now.)

"I tried Gwyneth Paltrow's diet and got a rash on my face." This is hilarious; I love the tone in which it's written. Oh, Gwyneth.

See you back here on Monday! xo

Photo by Sarah Tucker; peonies finally arrived at my Whole Foods this week and I couldn't be happier. Prettiest flower.

6 comments:

  1. Those florals are stunning! I need to get my madre some gorgeous flowers like this for my mother this weekend. Happy Friday. xx. McKenna Lou

    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Peonies are finally in stores/flower shops here, so I'm going to have to scoop up a big bunch. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. That photo bomb is hilarious! Love her in Hunger Games and looking forward to seeing Silver Linings Playbook.

    Sounds like you are going to have a very lovely weekend!! Since both of our mothers live about 20 hours away (in very different directions) we will instead be spending the weekend doing projects around the house. Not quite as exciting as your weekend, but needed all the same...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Silver Linings Playbook is so wonderful--I think you'll enjoy it!

      Sounds like you have a nice weekend ahead, too. Sometimes house projects can be so rewarding and soothing...

      Delete
  3. Just died over that photobomb. J. Lawrence is a treasure. I love how she doesn't take it all so seriously. I've spent wayyy too much time watching her interviews on youtube.

    Cannot wait to hear how you like Gatsby! I think I'm going to try and go with some girlfriends during the week after work. Enjoy your mother's day weekend!

    xx,
    e

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She IS a treasure. I love her. Pleaaaaseeee tell me you saw her post-Academy Awards press interview thingy. Hilarious.

      Can't wait to compare movie reviews--you enjoy your weekend, too (at the lake--yay!).

      Delete