Tuesday, October 4, 2011

baked! pumpkin-cream cheese danish.



i love when my real-life friends start blogs. my friend jennifer just started one that i read all the time, and my friend stephanie has been blogging since january -- the product of a new year's resolution that's gotten better and better with age. jennifer's blog, remember the pancakes, is a chronicle of her life as a wife and mom; steph's blog, over vanilla skies, is a virtual inspiration board of pretty photographs, thought-provoking quotes and mouthwatering recipes.

steph is a true foodie, one who actually cooks often and doesn't, like me, subscribe to what i like to call the "special k dinner." in my home, the special k dinner (cereal and whatever beverage i have on hand) happens at least twice a week; meanwhile, in steph's, she and her husband whip up things like coq au vin  and french onion soup -- from scratch! -- all the time. honestly, if steph wasn't such a wonderful friend and human being in general, i'd feel a little intimidated. instead, reading her food posts makes me feel inspired.

that's how i felt when i saw her recipe for pumpkin-cream cheese scones. when i feel any sort of emotion, i like to bake -- and i had company this weekend, company who happens to love pumpkin as much as i do, so i thought, why not?

let me tell you, this recipe is a keeper. steph's posted it in detail, complete with photos, over on her blog, so i'll direct you there. but if you like pumpkin -- and, you know, flaky, buttery pastry -- i really encourage you to make them. they're delicious. perfect with a cup of chai tea on a fall morning.

photo, my own; see a step-by-step photo tutorial on over vanilla skies.

3 comments:

  1. HOLY CRAP I WANT TO EAT 10 OF THESE RIGHT NOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there!
    these look sooooo good! i'm going over to check your friend's blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Thanks for the shout-out ;)
    Oh my goodness gracious that picture makes me want to eat my computer screen. Or maybe I could just make some of those myself! Might be less destructive!

    ReplyDelete