Friday, September 9, 2011

what are you doing this weekend?


i have a feeling this weekend is going to be an emotional one for a lot of people. there's a lot of remembering going on right now, a lot of reopening of old wounds, a lot of reflection. the majority of it is 9/11-related, of course, but i know that, for a lot of people, other things are swirling, too.

as for me, i'm planning on a quiet weekend: a haircut today (my once-angled bob is now just uneven, and needs to be fixed) followed by a night at home; some cleaning and exercise tomorrow; and quality time with people i care about mixed in throughout the entire few days.  that's what i keep coming back to this week: people i care about. i don't know about you, but i'm going to be hugging them extra-tight this weekend.

i'll see you back here on monday -- until then, tell me: what are your plans for the weekend?

photo by cordellia, via jane's impeccable eye

3 comments:

  1. Last weekend befor the Komen 3 day. A few easy walks, some chores, and reflecting on the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. shawn -- so inspiring what you're doing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I leave work today, it's the start of my week long vacation! I'm staying at home and working on some things around the house and I couldn't be more excited about it. :) This weekend, I'm hoping for a couple of bike rides, some good beer, and maybe some meat shopping. (Gotta fill up my new freezer!) xoxo

    ReplyDelete