Monday, September 26, 2011

monday + taking a blog break this week.


my wonderful grandmother passed away early saturday morning, so i'm going to be taking the next several days off to prepare to head back up to my parents' house tomorrow and be with my family for the rest of the week. regular readers of my blog might recognize the picture above; it's from grandma's college yearbook and i love it more than almost anything (if you click to enlarge you may be able to read the text, which is fantastic). she was 95 years old -- she would have been 96 on nov. 1 -- and she had an amazing, full life, but i'm still going to miss her terribly and it's very hard to imagine her not being here.

talk to you all soon.

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Megan...I'm so sorry. Have a safe trip up to your family's and take care of yourself. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, chickadee. i hope you manage to celebrate her life in a wonderful way.
    it isn't the best circumstance to be seeing family, but i hope you have a good journey and see you back here on the other side.
    thinking of you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a safe trip. I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you are able to fully celebrate her life and spend some good quality time with family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, Meg, I'm so sorry to hear that. She sounds like a wonderful woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww, megan. this is why you were crabby the other day. oh, you. it's never easy...thinking of you so so much.

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete