Friday, June 7, 2013

What are you doing this weekend?


Whew, what a week! It definitely has not been all coffee and peonies here, friends, and I'm pretty glad the week is over. I'm doing something really fun on Sunday that I'll tell you about next week, and tonight I'm excited about hunkering down with the cats and some movies and just relaxing.

Until then, here are four links for your enjoyment:

A great post on body image and self-worth by Erin Loechner. Must-read.

Famous lookalikes! Alec Baldwin/Millard Fillmore is uncanny. Queen Latifah/Zora Neale Hurston, too.

Remember when I linked to that New York magazine piece called "I Tried Gwyneth Paltrow's Diet"? Turns out the author writes about other famous celebrity diets, too, and she is hilarious: Marilyn Monroe, Liz Taylor, Greta Garbo (thanks, Charla!).

And bonus, in honor of the image above: If you haven't watched this video of a baby elephant frolicking in the ocean, you must. It will make your day.

Have a great weekend and stay dry if you're in the Northeast...I am so glad we put that rain behind us here!

Photo by Sharon Montrose

4 comments:

  1. I FEEL you. Thank heavens to the wrap to the week. I've got a half day today and after that it's a little bit of apartment cleaning/tidying and off to a movie and sushi date with A.
    I need to real ALL of those hilarious diet essays. I was dying over the GP one.

    Hope you have a lovely weekend!!!

    xx,
    e

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that sounds like a great kickoff to the weekend, E.! And yum, sushi...

      Yes, you will love the diet essays! Liz Taylor's thoughts on exercise are particularly hilarious.

      Delete
  2. Ohmygoodness, I love elephants! That video is so sweet- I love when the baby elephant rolls around in the water.

    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love elephants, too! Isn't that video just the best?

      You have a great weekend, too, Rachel. xoxo

      Delete