Friday, April 26, 2013

What are you doing this weekend? (I'm going to a wedding!)


Happy Friday, friends! I'm actually playing hooky from work today because my best friend Kate is getting married tomorrow (!!!), so today is all about the wedding rehearsal in the morning, manicures and pedicures in the afternoon, the rehearsal dinner in the evening (which is going to be full of South African food in honor of Kate's fiance, Ross, who is in fact South African) and a lot of giddiness in advance of the big day. Tomorrow we're getting our hair done—I'm going to make the stylist do a braid of some sort on me, to combat the Florida humidity (because of course it's all about me, right?! Ha!)—and then Kate and Ross are tying the knot at sunset, on the water, in what's sure to be a gorgeous ceremony. Can't wait. Man, I love weddings.

What are you guys up to this weekend? Whatever you do, I hope it's wonderful. And if you're in the mood for some reading, here are three fun links from around the web:

Garance Dore's thoughts on friendship.

This article about being busy has been at the forefront of my mind this week because I...keep saying how busy I am (and then rolling my eyes at myself). Time for a reread. This article, also about busyness, is great, too.

And in honor of Kate's wedding this weekend, here's a slideshow of sweet city hall weddings. Ah, love.

Have a great weekend, friends! See you back here on Monday. xoxo

Photo by Jessica Lorren

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, I loved that article from the NYT! It packed a punch for me and now when I run into someone in the hallway at work, I tried to give any other explanation of how I'm doing other than "I'm so busy!!". At work now, I recognize those people that fall into the busy trap and don't think too highly of their attitude.

    Have fun at the wedding this weekend! Sunset in FL sounds like perfection for a ceremony. This weekend I'm planning to get in some long outdoor runs now that the weather is looking up and my race is less than a month away. Plus, on Saturday afternoon I'm meeting THE Alicia of Humble Foodie! So excited!!!

    Happy Friday, my dear!

    -Eileen
    www.leanerbythelake.com

    ReplyDelete