Friday, February 22, 2013

What are you doing this weekend?


Friends, I am not going to lie: It has been a rough week. There were highs, of course (there always are), but there were some definite lows, too, and I'm feeling a little fragile in the mental department. So I am particularly glad it is Friday, and that the weekend is stretching out in front of me. I have no plans, but I have a pretty big list of chores I want to get done around the house (small things like clean my makeup brushes, but also bigger things like vaccuum, sweep and mop and give the bathroom a scrubdown), so that should keep me pretty occupied. Plus, the weather is beautiful so I'm hopeful for some outside time, and the Oscars are on Sunday night, as I'm sure you are well aware, so gown-watching has immediately jumped to the top of my list for that evening.

In the meantime, if you're looking for some weekend reading, here are three links:

+ My interview with Dr. Anne-Marie Slaughter. (Cough, cough; shameless plug.) (Sarasota magazine)

+ I've been thinking a lot about the way I eat lately, so this article--The Extraordinary Science of Addictive Junk Food--is pretty fascinating. (The New York Times)

+ And as a huuuuuge Rifle Paper Co. fan (I can't wait for the new iPhone cases!), I loved this profile of Anna Bond on Design*Sponge. What a talent. (Design*Sponge)

Have a peaceful weekend. See you back here on Monday. xoxo

Photo: My own.

5 comments:

  1. Megan, I am so sorry it was a hard week for you. I hope that this weekend is a little better. Chores are stinky but they do help somehow to perk me up a little too. Here is a hug for you <> and I hope you don't mind that I say a little prayer for you today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! So sweet. Hope you have a wonderful weekend--so glad I found your blog and that you found mine! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Fantastic links, lady! Thanks for sharing. I'm a huge Rifle fan, as well and adore just about everything that Anna Bond touches. I am dying for the leaping cats phone case! And that NYT junk food article just jumped to the top of my Readability queue for Saturday morning.

    I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling blue. When I get stuck in a muck, as I've been dealing with for the past few months on and off (ugh, why do I let job stuff control me), I try to find routine and ritual to even out the chaos that my mind throws at me. So mornings start with yoga, a cup of tea, reading some of my favorite blogs every Saturday and Sunday and that really helps to not start the weekend with my head a mess. Really, the yoga piece, or any movement is so so important for me.

    Just in case you're looking for a little more extra reading, here's some stress stuff I posted earlier this year when I was reeling from serious anxiety attacks every night after work.


    www.leanerbythelake.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, E.! Yes, that leaping cats Rifle case is wonderful--I'm totally holding off getting a case for my phone until hers come out. ;)

      Thanks for the kind words! I'm going to take your advice this morning, finish my green tea and go for a long walk and then to the farmer's market. Again, thanks so much, and I'm definitely going to check out your link today! xoxo

      Delete
    2. Lovely to hear that you're getting some you time! So jealous of your walk outside and the FARMERS MARKET which I am so desperately looking froward to in Chicago come spring.

      Cheers to the weekend and lots of rest! xx, E

      http://leanerbythelake.com

      Delete