Wednesday, June 13, 2012

You're my sweetheart.










Music is a subjective thing. We know this. There's a very good chance that you might hate the songs I love, and that's OK. For example, I adore John Mayer and lots of people feel quite the opposite. I went through a boy-band obsession during the later part of my high school career that almost drove my parents crazy--my mom to this day starts to twitch if she hears even the opening bars of any song on the *NSYNC Christmas album. And even though these days I like to think I have pretty good taste in music--aside from the new John Mayer (obviously), right now The Avett Brothers and Van Morrison are on heavy rotation--like the occasional mid-afternoon Kit-Kat bar, I am also a fan of a sugary pop song, particularly when I'm sweating profusely on the elliptical at the gym.

So, yeah: All this--rather randomly--to say that I was watching TV the other night and a Bing advertisement came on. I don't generally pay that much attention to commercials when the TV on, usually because I'm typing or eating at the same time, but I liked the song that accompanied what was happening on screen, and the refrain--"I belong with you/You belong with me/You're my sweetheart"--stayed with me the rest of the night. A little Googling revealed that the song is called "Ho Hey," that it's performed by a band called The Lumineers, and that the video for the song is awfully sweet, which is why I'm sharing it with you today.

Maybe you'll like it, which is awesome.

And if you don't, that's OK, too.

 Update: The Lumineers' whole album is fantastic. Thanks to Mary for recommending that I listen to it all the way through.

2 comments:

  1. The Lumineers album is one of my favorites so far this year, and I was excited to hear this song on that commercial - looks like they are getting lots of exposure and hitting it big. That's awesome. It's a great song, and the rest of the album is great too. You should check it out if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary--I think I've just found my music for the rest of the afternoon. Thanks for the heads-up about the rest of the album.

      Delete