Tuesday, January 6, 2009

just keep me where the light is.

can you believe it's jan. 6, my loves? i am so happy it's 2009--we all need a new year and a fresh start, i think. so let's talk about new year's resolutions, shall we?

i actually broke out the magic markers and made a list of resolutions this year, which i promptly tacked up on my hall bulletin board. they're very general and very aspirational, but they come with their own set of sub-resolutions (which i'll share another time) and they work for me. so without further ado, this is what i want to do/achieve in 2009:

* love more
* work harder (make a difference)
* get my finances under control
* volunteer (give back to a community that gives so much to me)
* health (take care of mind and body)
* balance

there's this quote that i've really been digging lately: "she gives most who gives with joy." it reminds me of another favorite quote by ani difranco: "i do it for the joy it brings--because i am a joyful girl. because the world owes me nothing, and we owe each other the world."

inspiring, no?

i want to give with joy. i want to be a light. there are so many people that are lights--beacons--in my life; i'd love to be the same for others. and so i pledge to bring you as many joyful, lovely things as i possibly can in 2009.

tell me: what are your resolutions?

{ photo of london hotel above taken my dear friend shun on his travels }

No comments:

Post a Comment