Thursday, November 6, 2008

new obsession (or: old love, leave me alone...)

“real-life” friends of mine who read this blog will recognize the link i’m about to post, because i sent them an “oh-my-gosh-i-just-found-this-incredible-web-site” e-mail yesterday. um, talk about feeling schmoopy!

dear old love is a collection of anonymous notes, submitted by readers, addressed to past loves and crushes—requited or unrequited. site founder andy salsberg edits the submissions, attaches a clever headline to them and posts every day.

and guess what? when i started reading the entries, i thought for sure i was going to feel sad, but a lot of them made me laugh, and some of them were pretty heartwarming. below are a few of my favorites; you can click here to read more. (warning: the site is addicting!)


You Hauled

I would have moved anywhere with you. I just wish you asked.

Pet Peeved

I don’t care that you miss my dog. When you cheated on me, you cheated on him, too.

Literary Award

I know I’ve won, because I’m the one you call to talk about books.

Only in Dreams

When we dated I was distant and couldn’t get fully into you. Now that we’re apart you’re the only one I have sex dreams about.


what would you say to an old love? i’ll tell you mine if you tell me yours...

1 comment: