Friday, March 8, 2013

What are you doing this weekend?


Happy Friday, friends! What are you doing this weekend? I'm--wait for it--giving my apartment a major scrubdown. And it has to be done this weekend, because ACS is coming next week and I would like for him to be able to find a place to sit that's not covered in clothes, shoes or cat hair, so there's no excuse. If you need me, I'll be holding onto my Swiffer and Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for dear life. (Of course there will be other activities, too, but this is the big one...sigh.)

Anyway, what are your plans for the weekend? If you're looking for some good reading material, here are three really great links:

Nora Ephron's Final Act. If you're an Ephron fan, like I am, this piece--written by her son, Jacob Bernstein--is a must-read. Warning: You may tear up a bit. (The New York Times)

I got to hear Clint Hill, Secret Service agent for Jackie Kennedy and the man who jumped on the back of JFK's convertible after he was shot in Dallas, speak this week in Sarasota, and it was incredibly moving. So I really loved reading this profile of Jackie's sister, Lee Radziwill, in T magazine. Make sure you watch the video footage shot by Sofia Coppola. (T magazine)

And these DesignLoveFest photos really stuck with me this week; I can't get enough of the flowers. So bright and beautiful. (DesignLoveFest)

And in case you missed anything here this week: The perfect spring sandals, delicious two-ingredient (!) healthy cookies, my ideal day and a magical dinner at King Family Farm.

Have a wonderful few days and I'll see you on Monday! xoxo

Photo by Francois Halard for The New York Times

2 comments:

  1. I just might have to read these pieces! Happy Weekend! xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady you are just always posting pieces that I NEED to read. Thanks for sharing the Nora Ephron article. I've been trying to bring myself to read her last book, but I think I'm waiting for a little more courage. It seems like a fantastic but sad read. Have you picked it up yet?

    Enjoy your weekend! Be sure to blast some serious 90 tunes while scrubbing. Those always do the trick, no?

    http://leanerbythelake.com


    ReplyDelete