Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Working girl.



I try really hard not to blatantly repost other bloggers' content, but when I saw a post about Industry of One on Victoria's blog, I knew I had to share here, too. Industry of One is a super-rad site (founded by Adam Patrick Jones and Rachel Brown) that documents the relationship between personal and professional style -- i.e., how someone's job influences what they wear and how they live. I'm totally hooked and can't wait to see more.

And I'm also curious: What's your work style? I work in a creative field, so my wardrobe doesn't vary much from day to night (or weekday to weekend -- you know, minus the whole shorts-and-flip-flops thing). A typical work outfit for me consists of jeans, heels/flats and a cute top, or a little dress and heels. No suits, ever. And while that's not likely to change, I do want to branch out a little more this summer -- maybe try some different patterns, wear more skirts, embrace the bright pants trend further. How about you?

Photos: Industry of One

1 comment:

  1. I've found over the years that I've almost stopped buying casual clothing for "weekends" all together. If I can't wear it to work, it's not worth purchasing. So I agree. It definitely influences your wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete