Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wednesday deliciousness.


1. Oranges drizzled with good honey (my current fave is TruBee, available locally at Artisan Cheese Company) and sprinkled with cinnamon. Comforting and a little exotic at the same time.


2. Cold-brewed iced coffee -- I use Deb's recipe, which I discovered via a tweet by Kate. The perfect afternoon pick-me-up; especially delicious with popcorn or a handful of nuts. (I drink mine with a healthy splash of almond milk and agave nectar, just like I do my morning chai tea.)

P.S. A third delicious thing? These spicy turkey meatballs, which aren't particularly photogenic but which are amazingly good. I made a batch Monday night and froze most of them, but am eating the leftovers for dinners this week. They're great with spaghetti, but they're equally wonderful coated in warm marinara sauce and dusted with grated Asiago cheese, served alongside a little salad. Yum.

First photo by me; second via Smitten Kitchen

2 comments:

  1. Oh! Good to know about the meatballs. I saw that episode and really wanted to try them. And good to know that they freeze well. YUM. xoxo

    ReplyDelete