Friday, May 18, 2012

What are you doing this weekend?


Happy Friday, everyone! We made it to the weekend! I don't know about you, but this week kind of crawled for me -- on Wednesday, I had convinced myself that it was Thursday -- so I'm especially glad we're finally to the end of it. I'm heading north after work tonight for the weekend and I'm looking forward to it -- especially since I think more go-karting (or maybe swan paddleboating?!) and a movie (The Avengers -- have you seen it?) are on the agenda. Oh, and a cupcake, too. Always a cupcake.

And in keeping with the last couple of Fridays, here are some lovely links from around the web this week:


A Sarasota stuntman -- Nik Wallenda -- is going to walk over Niagara Falls on a tightrope!

I'm madly in love with these shoes.

I would like a cupcake ATM in Sarasota, please.

"Made with love" canning labels. Love these.

Falconwright clutches are so pretty.

I love the NYT's One Page Magazine, especially the "That Should Be a Word" feature.

Binary Flips' wedding photography is gorgeous.

We've talked about HBO's Girls before, but are you watching VEEP? Julia Louis-Dreyfus is brilliant.

The new Lonny is beautiful. I want a Moroccan wedding blanket so badly.

A wonderful Imaginary Outfit -- and blog post -- from Stephanie.

 What are your plans for the weekend? Let me know, and I'll see you back here on Monday.

P.S. Thanks for all your helpful comments/tweets re: bangs and on the new blog design. You're the best, truly.

P.P.S. The title of the bangs post was almost "She Bangs," but I refrained. You're welcome.

Photo: My dad and me, 1984.

1 comment:

  1. You had me at swan paddleboating, then again at cupcakes. Oh, and I was just reading about that Sprinkles cupcake ATM. Sounds cool! But I also heard they are $4 a piece, and considering I could make about 60 for that price, I think I'll pass. ; ) Oooh, and those shoes are awesome! Too bad they're spendy and I'm really thrifty. So yeah, once again loving the post (and the links are a great addition to your blog for sure.)

    ReplyDelete