Wednesday, October 14, 2009

second star to the right and straight on till morning.


i love everything about peter pan--the book, by j.m. barrie, of course; the disney version of that classic; the robin-williams-and-julia roberts-led hook. when i was little, just before sleep, i used to look out my bedroom window and dream about flying into the sky towards neverland--there was something so romantic and wonderful about the words "second star to the right and straight on till morning."

so when i saw this lovely photo, by 16-year-old(!) chrissie white, memories of those dreamy nights came rushing back--and it was nice to take a moment to remember them. in this fast-paced world, it's always nice to believe in fairies for just a few seconds, isn't it?

5 comments:

  1. Love this...and her work. Amazing. 16. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for Peter Pan!

    I didn't like Hook myself, since it completely contradicts the original story. Same with the other novels that are out.

    But there is one that's different... it's based on Barrie's onw idea for more Pan adventure! Click my name to see.

    And who says you can't JUST
    BELIEVE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was my favourite disney film from when i was an au-pair
    my little french kids loved it
    'capitaine crochet et peter pon'
    such cute accents

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! How did she do that?! Beautiful. I think I was way too literal for peter pan. I definitely have to give it another shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing and dreamy photo! Hope you have a great rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete